Saturday, August 20, 2005

Bronte Aug 20 - Just me and my Boy.

Was out from about 6:15 to 10:30. Was supposed to go with my brother, but he called at 5am - too tired ::) So it was just me and my 7 year old boy. Steering in the waves while I set up was a little tricky but he didn't do that bad.

Was running a spoon, lyman, dipsey/fly and meat. Nothing happened for the first 2.5 hours. Got some information that the temp was pretty much constant through the whole water column and a couple of fish had been caught deep. Marked some stuff near bottom. Lowered the Lyman and spoon. Still nothing. Decided to scrap the dipsey fly and run the meat down 100' near the bottom without a flasher and stack a flsher/meat about 20' up from it. FISH ON. 5 pound chinny. Put the same rod down and 10 min later another FISH ON. This time bigger and a great fighter.

Somebody tell me if this is a Steelhead/bow or Coho....




The boy was getting hungry, so we packed it in and headed to Harvey's for lunch. Good talking to Big D and Skeiner out there. I'm out of town this week on business so that's it for me for awhile.


UPDATE: The experts have spoken - it's definately a Rainbow Trout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home