Saturday, February 18, 2006

Skater Girl

I've been really proud of how Sarah has picked up skating this winter. She had only been on skates a couple of times prior to this winter. I had hoped that she would be able to get into skating on the backyard rink but most of the winter that rink has been a swimming pool so we've taken her public skating most Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons. It's been good. Now she flys around the rink and loves it!

Here she is on the backyard rink this afternoon (it's mostly frozen today).

6 Comments:

Blogger Stairs said...

Was the ice thick enough to hold you?

Mine could hold the kids but not me, or at least that was my story until Mark had the snow cleaned off of it first!!!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

It was borderline for me. One end is frozen solid but the other end still has about 2 inches of water under the ice and when I stood on that end water would seep on top.

Gonna be cold tonight and tomorrow - should help.

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Sarah getting ready for the Olympic hockey team?

8:18 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

I wish.

She has no interest in hockey.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about figure skating?

8:22 AM  
Blogger Jacob said...

Don't think so.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home