Friday, April 28, 2006

Port Dalhousie/Niagara Bar

Went out with Rob Kapteyn this morning. Met up at 5:30 and launched the boat around 6:30. It was kinda "punchy" out there. We trolled around Port Weller for the first hour or so and then made our way east. We were about 1/4 of the way to the bar in 40FOW when likely the biggest Salmon of my life hit a green and yellow stinger spoon. This fish had shoulders! I couldn't make any gains on him, he splashed, jumped and most of all ran! I was getting near the end of my spool and had no choice but the tighen the drag and "horse" him a little...didn't work...line snapped and he was gone. Man! I would have loved to land that guy.

Didn't get anymore action in that area so we headed to the bar. Had 4 hookups there but were only able to land 2.


All in all, a great morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home