Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunday morning action

I woke up this morning at 5am and noticed it wasn't raining so I decided to give Bronte a try by myself for a few hours. I fished from 6-9am.

It was pretty rolly out there which is always frustrating when you're alone. I set up in 140FOW, I literally had the first line in the water for less than a minute and it started bouncing - 7 pound chinook down 55 on a Stingray Killer Yellow. Continued to troll around the 150 mark for the next hour but nothing. Went in to about 90-100 FOW near the shell pier and spin doctor / NK fly fires. I grab the rod, while trying to steer the boat (I was going against the waves) and the other rod, 35' down (same stingray spoon) fires. It looks like a serious fish so I put the 1st rod back in the holder and work the other one - boat is now doing circles...after reeling that one for awhile decide I'm gonna alternate between both fish. I go back and forth and couple times and at some point the stingray line goes limp - fish off. ::) I was then able to concentrate on a single rod. Got the fish boatside but I butchered the netting job and she took off - it was about a 15 pounder.

Lots of fun but could have used a partner today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wild time out on the water!

Good thing you didn't have to wizz while fighting those 2 fish and steering the boat!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Jacob said...

I love it :)

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home