Sunday, July 22, 2007

Back from the Cottage

Although the weather was kinda cool, cloudy and a little rainy we had a great family week at the cottage in Temiscaming. We love this cottage. One morning I snuck up on Leigh as she was having her morning quiet time on the dock.

The fishing was great. Even though we weren't able to fish as much as other years due to the weather; this year we hooked into over 50 Walleye and landed 47! Many were in the 4-5 lb range. Everybody reeled in fish.







Can't wait to go back!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some nice walters!

What was the trick this year?

Do you ever see moose or bears up there?

8:28 AM  
Blogger Jacob said...

Trolled deeper water than other years. Did not do any bouncing off bottom. Lure choice, color and depth was much more important than location. Once particular lure accounted for probably 60% of the fish.

The only think we saw was a moose on our drive into town one year. According to Brad and Sue and the one neighbour they have seen quite a few bears this year (more than ever before).

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I caught the biggest walleye of my life last night on lake Erie. 7.5lbs on my new dipsey rod. We also got one that was around 7lbs.

Was the hot lure the one that caught your thumb too?

12:38 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

Cool. I really wanna get out there one day before the bite slows down.

Hot lure was black/silver wiggle wart.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... I guess this was your best fishing experience up in Temiscaming, wasn't it? Incredible!

What made you decide to try the deeper water?

Glen

11:33 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

Hey Glen, definately most fish and biggest fish caught for sure. Other years I had got fish in deeper water inadvertantly so I knew they were there - this year I thought I'd focus on it. Once I found lures and depths that worked it was great.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home